Do you charge for the initial consultation?

We do not charge for a 30 minute in-office consultation on insurance dispute, personal injury and workers’ compensation cases. Call or email us at: (425) 830-6868 or to schedule.

How will Afforce Law protect my private medical information?

Afforce Law Group recognizes the importance of properly securing our clients’ information. Therefore, we store our electronic case records in a dedicated in-house server to avoid commingling of data which can occur with a “cloud based” data storage service. Our dedicated server is accessible only by our security certificated computers. Furthermore, we take the additional step of encrypting communication between the server and network computers so that any intercepted data cannot be read.

Do you take on Pro Bono cases?

Yes, we dedicate 10% of our billable time to “pro bono” or “low bono” work. Let us know your situation, we will evaluate it and strive for an appropriate arrangement.

How Do you Charge?

It depends on the type of case you hired us for. If you hired us to make a personal injury claim or to dispute insurance coverage denial, we will take the case on either a pure contingency or hybrid contingency fee agreement. A pure contingency is where we take a percentage of the settlement, usually 33%. A hybrid contingency is we take a lower percentage of your settlement, usually 20% and bill you at a rate of $150 per hour plus costs.

If you hired us for a criminal case, we will bill you at the rate of $250 per hour and a $100 per hour for travel.

I am not a U.S. Citizen and I do not have a Green Card, can I still make a claim?

Yes.  If you have further concerns about your citizenship or legal status and how it impacts your claim, call us to schedule an initial consultation.

I’m not sure if I have a claim, what should I do?

Call our office and ask to speak with one of our paralegals. While our paralegals cannot give you legal advice, we help you assess whether you have a valid or strong claim.

What is my case value?

Each case is different and will be valued differently depending on the adjuster/insurer, arbitrator, judge or jury.  Generally speak, a case’s value correlates with the severity of one’s documented injury.  Other factors in determining case value are:

  • strength of the liability claim,
  • record of the injury, i.e. police report and medical records,
  • whether the injury is permanent,
  • and whether there is wage loss, diminished value or other derivative claims such as loss of consortium or loss of enjoyment.

What should I do if my insurance claim is denied?

You should contact one of our paralegals to schedule an in-office consultation. Bring a copy of your insurance policy and declaration page if you have it.

What does PIP mean?

PIP stands for Personal Injury Protection. PIP is an insurance policy that covers medical expenses, wage loss, loss of services and any funeral expenses as a result of a motor vehicle collision. For Washington state law on PIP,see RCW 48.22.085-100.

What does UM or UIM mean?

UIM or UM stands Under Insured or Uninsured Motorist coverage. UIM or UM coverage is insurance that you purchase to cover your loss in the event that the at-fault individual is “judgment proof,” meaning he or she does not have enough money to compensate your losses, OR, if the at-fault individual’s insurance coverage is insufficient to compensate your loss. Under this scenario, you UIM or UM policy will pay for your loss. For Washington state law on UM or UIM, see RCW 48.22.030-040.

Will my insurance premiums increase when I make a claim for which I was not at fault?

Washington State law prohibits insurance companies from increasing your rates for an accident that was not your fault. See RCW 46.52.130(2)(e).

How do I know if my claim is covered?

You should review your insurance policy. If you do not have it, you can request one from your insurance company and they are required by law to send it to you. If you are still not clear whether you are covered, call our office to schedule an in-office consultation.

What Should I bring to the Initial Consultation?

We can obtain the necessary information on your behalf, so do not let the fact that you don’t have all the records or documents deter you from contacting us. However, if you have it, you should bring the police report, your insurance policy and/or declaration page, and any receipts for expenses you have incurred.

How Do I make a Wage Loss Claim?

Generally, the best way is to produce your salary or wage records, i.e. pay stubs, for 2-3 pay periods before the collision, and for the period after the injury showing the sick leave taken. With this information, we can assist you in making your wage loss claim.

How does an auto insurance company determine my rate?

A few things to consider. Washington State law requires that before an auto insurance company increase rates, it must submit financial information to justify the increase. When setting the individual rates, the insurance company may legally consider the following: your age, gender, marital status, your vehicle, where you live, how much you drive, your claim history and your certain information from credit history. It generally obtains information from Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange [CLUE], for information on you before offering you a quote. By law, you can obtain your information from CLUE by contacting LexisNexis or click on the following link: CLUE report, or calling 866-312-8076.